Where do we Grow from Here?
A free workshop to guide you through scaling-up, replication and social franchising. Also includes South West Forum’s AGM which is open to all interested organisations as well as members.
10:15am - 2:00pm Thursday 8th December
Taunton Vale Sports Club, Taunton TA2 6LP
This event is for you if your organisation:
- Has a successful service that you want to establish in other areas?
- Wants to expand but doesn’t have the capacity to manage services some distance away
- Has expertise and knowledge to share but not give away
- Wants to protect its intellectual property, brand and reputation
- Wonders how to respond to commissioners and funders keen for you to “scale up” and replicate
- Is confused by the language of social franchising, social licensing and replication
- Supports other organisations to be more ambitious and respond to the opportunities of joint commissioning, devolution and new geographies
10.15 Arrival and coffee
10.45 Guiding you through social franchising and replication
Introduction and welcome
Social franchising: a beginner’s guide - Amy Barbor *
Replication and franchising in practice - Debbie Humberstone *
Are you ready for replication? (Group exercise)
Panel Q+A and discussion
12.30 Past experience – future challenges?
A quick review of how what we have learnt over the past year can help you survive and thrive
12.45 South West Forum Annual General Meeting
*Amy Barbor, Network Manager, Quality & Learning, School for Social Entrepreneurs runs the UK's leading training course on replication and social franchising.
*Debbie Humberstone is Manager of Action East Devon’s The Project in Axminster and having undertaken this training course is now putting the concepts into practice.